What is Content Marketing?
Broadly speaking, content marketing includes the development and distribution of information about your business' products or services with the purpose of selling them. That content may be in the form of text, photos, or video, or may be popular selling tactics like Questions & Answers lists (Q&A's), case studies, infographics, or even audio or textual testimonials from past clients. Since DTC focuses on online marketing only (versus print like brochures or other media platforms like TV), we approach content marketing through the online lens.
Benefits of a Winning Content Marketing Strategy
There are many things that can make your brand more searchable online. Content marketing includes fresh and unique content (written articles, stories, interviews, and photos and videos) that engages your audience and leads them back to your website where they may be driven to purchase additional products and services or become a new customer. Content marketing like website articles, blogs, and enewsletters or email marketing campaigns (link) can all help you connect with your network and expand it. Creating and sharing informative, valuable, entertaining, emotional, and even news-breaking content can:
- Drive website traffic that can turn prospects into leads, who may become customers.
- Build brand loyalty by keeping your audience engaged and in-the-know about your latest news, events, products, promotions, and exclusive info.
- Boost SEO rankings through publishing fresh website content regularly and remaining relevant to your industry and audience.
- Position you as a leader in your field and the go-to for those seeking your products or services.
- Develop trust with your audience through targeted, timely, and engaging messages.
Capture the People Who are Searching For You
With our deep knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in mind, DTC will collaborate with you on your content marketing goals, develop a strategy to achieve them, and create (write) or help you develop, share, distribute the content to carry it out, interact with your audience and measure results every step of the way.
DTC can help you develop content that will attract your audience's attention to your brand such as:
- Website content - Sometimes referred to as SEO copywriting, we'll use keyword research and conversational writing to develop content on your website that can help your search rankings and convert prospects into clients.
- Ecommerce Category and Product Descriptions - If you're an online retailer, we'll conduct keyword research and review your website and products to develop product descriptions that will draw site visitors in to learn more (and hopefully purchase!) and attrach search engines to increase your rankings.
- Blog strategy and writing - Updating your website content with unique content regularly can help increase visibility in the search results, and hosting and regularly updating an informative and brand-building blog on your website can help improve search rankings. In addition, it can provide useful or unique information about your product, service, or industry, showcase your work, and build relationships with your audience. DTC can help you develop a blog strategy, content calendar, and write and post on your blog in a consistent voice that represents your brand and measure its reach and the website traffic it is generating.
- Email marketing - Email marketing is a highly targeted form of content marketing that can be effective in directly reaching your audience and prospects who have already connected with your brand. Learn more about our email marketing services.
The benefit of collaborating with a digital marketing agency that offers SEO, Pay-Per-Click advertising, social media and content marketing services is that we place an emphasis on attracting website traffic and generating and converting leads into prospects and sales through each of these services (and combined) and we'll measure visitor behavior in the process. While we're developing content and working with you to share it on your website, on social media channels, or even in an email marketing campaign, we'll be taking a look at what's driving interest along the way and we'll adjust our approach as necessary based on the data we will analyze.
The goal is the same across channels - to drive business for your business - and content marketing is necessary to connect with your customers while you inform, incentivize, provide value, and create a loyal customer base. We can't wait to work with you on a content marketing strategy that will highlight and help you grow your business and brand.